Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quick painting - Rose Thomas

Sorry about the lack of update last week! With crunch and finals week coming up for this quarter, I've been a bit of a busy bee.

This afternoon, however, I found myself doing a quick painting of Rose Thomas, a character from Fullmetal Alchemist. This was my first time drawing her and also my first time using some painting techniques I've learned from Chris Oatley's "The Magic Box".


Spent maybe an hour and a half on it? Not quite sure. Just wanted to mess around with the tools and stuff.

I also sketched this a few nights ago for no reason.


More of a 10 to 15 minute thing. If even that. I just wanted to mess with the half-tones tool.

That's all I got for now! More things to come once the school quarter's over.

1 comment:

  1. Nice studies, I especially like the loose energy and facial expression on the smaller one. Cool to see you experimenting with the techniques from Chris's course, I have yet to start my first assignment! :)

    ReplyDelete