- Currently listening to: "Ghosting" by Freelance Whales
Hey, guys! Been a while since I last posted anything, I know, and I deeply apologize for that. Been pretty busy and generally stressed out with my senior year down here at SCAD. But I'm trying to get a better hold on things and get a grip on time management and all that beautiful adult stuff.
With that being said, there may not be a lot of art on here for a little while, seeing as a lot of my artistic attention is going to be directed towards classes and my film; not sure how much recreational time I'll have between that, but! To keep this blog alive, I'm going to attempt the FiftyFiftyMe challenge for 2014!
I'm still working on building my list of 50 books and 50 movies, but I'll be posting little reviews for them as I go. Nothing too thorough or fancy--especially for the books as I'll probably be reading them over long stretches of time for the first half of the year--but yes. c: I'm really excited about this.
My list so far is as follows! An * next to a book title indicates I'm currently reading it.
Lockdown: Escape from Furnace, by Alexander Gordon Smith Solitary: Escape from Furnace, by Alexander Gordon Smith
- Death Sentence: Escape from Furnace, by Alexander Gordon Smith
- The House of Scorpion, by Nancy Farmer
- Revolution, by Jennifer Donnelly
- Incarceron, by Catherine Fisher
- The Christopher Killer, by Alane Furguson
- If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
- On the Jellicoe Road, by Melina Marchetta
- Thief's Covenant, by Ari Marmell
- The Named, by Marianne Curley
- Hit List, by Darcia Helle
- Stitch, by Samantha Durante
- Visions, by Lauren Klever
- The Tea Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly
- Prince of Thorns, by Mark Lawrence
I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov Childhood's End, by Arthur C. Clarke Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, by Philip K. Dick
- A Canticle for Leibowitz, by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson*
- The Graduate
- Iron Man
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Blood & Chocolate
- The Others
The Woman in Black
- A Time to Kill
- Psycho (1960)
Silent Hill: Revelations (I just want to see how bad it really is)
- The Haunting (the 1963 film, not the remake)
Pacific Rim The Day the Earth Stood Still ( the 1951 film, not the remake)
- The Birds (1963)
- Young Frankenstein (1974)
- Gone with the Wind
- La Dolce Vita (1960; Italian, directed by Frederico Fellini)
- My Dinner with Andre
- Tree of Life (directed by Terrance Malick)
- A Serious Man
- Crimes and Misdemeanors
- Babette's Feast
- Donnie Darko
- 12 Angry Men
- Pan's Labrynth
- The Godfather
- School of Rock
- The Intouchables
- Dr. Strangelove: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Village of the Damned (1960) The Croods
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Silence of the Lambs
- The Unusual Suspects
- The Blair Witch Project
Obviously, I need more movies on my list, but since I'm not expecting to really check any of those off until I'm either on a break or graduated, I'm willing to kind of let that one grow slowly.
If you have any suggestions, books but especially movies, just throw me a tweet or comment here maybe? With movies, I'm trying to find older ones that might be considered classics, even though quite a few of the ones I have listed aren't. So suggestions towards those would be awesome. Romances and romantic comedies aren't really my thing, but if it's a good solid one, why not?
I think that's all I got for now. Hope you've all had a good start to your year and hopefully you'll hear from me again soon!