Friday, August 23, 2013

Fabulously Fancy Okapi [wip]

To start off this update with something entirely unrelated to the title, I have recently discovered Welcome to Night Vale, a podcast that can be downloaded/subscribed to entirely for free through iTunes (and some other site I can't remember off the top of my head). I've just finished episode 10 and it's only been two days, hahahaa. It's a good thing it's a podcast so I can work on stuff without being distracted.

That being said, though, now that these things have been posted in the Magic Box centrifuge, I decided to go ahead and store them here, as well. A few Okapi studies, the painting I'm using as a reference and my color comp for my fancy animal painting.




Berthe Morisot with a bouquet of violets, by Edouard Manet

I'm hoping to finish it within the next week, but, knowing how busy I am DURING the week with work, we'll just have to see if that actually works out or not. 

Semi-related, I'm also trying to find a decent sketchbook to use as my "professional" sketchbook. I really like how sketchbooks were 'organized' in this tutorial I found on DeviantArt and, although I'm waiting until I get back to Georgia to shop for one, it'd be nice if I had a pretty good idea of what I was looking for. So if anyone knows of a specific sketchbook that sounds like 'The Legit Shit', please pass it on. c: I would very much appreciate it. 

I think that's all for this go-around. 

Side note: If you're looking for a feel-good book, I would highly recommend My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger. I've just finished it within the past week and I would definitely store it somewhere in my top-ten books. It's also put me in a determined state of mind to find Mary Poppins uploaded somewhere on the internet, but I have had no such luck thus far. Ah, well. It'll turn up somewhere. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment