Saturday, April 27, 2013

Film Study: The Ring 0:00:00 to 0:07:36

Last quarter I made an attempt to start an exercise I found on Emma Coats' blog. I've had to drop it due to college workloads picking up, but I'm going to start making an effort as of tomorrow to try to spend at least an hour on it every morning while I have breakfast and coffee.

Anywho, the film I chose to study first is "The Ring". A film that will always be a personal favorite of mine for a variety of reasons.


Each of my panels is 1" in height and 2" in width. This post covers the first 7 and a half minutes of the film. More to come next week, hopefully. Here are the whole pages:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
And here they are broken into "halves" if you wanted to see the detail, as well as notes I've taken along the way (click on them for their close ups). 

Page 1a (detail)
Page 1b (detail)
Page 2a (detail)
Page 2b (detail)
Page 3a (detail)
Page 3b (detail)

And that's all for today! If all goes according to plan tonight as well as tomorrow afternoon, I should have another post up sometime tomorrow night. This time regarding my senior film that's currently undergoing concept development in preparation for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment